We all know how important it is to find bathroom flooring solutions that are durable, easy to clean and water resistant. The trick is finding just the right material or product at an affordable price.
Although often overlooked, I think modern linoleum is an excellent option in many bathroom renovations. Linoleum sure has come a long way since our grandmothers’ farmhouses. A true, high quality linoleum flooring such as Marmoleum from Forbo or Marmorette from Armstron “is made from natural materials like linseed oil, recycled wood flour, cork dust and limestone.” (Armstrong)
Advantages of quality linoleum:
• It is available in a wide variety of finishes, colors and textures and in both sheets and tiles.
• It is naturally anti-baterial/anti-microbial.
• It is durable, and all you have to do is wipe away water when you get splashes from the tub.
• It naturally has anti-static properties.
• It is a very “green” flooring option since it is made of renewable, natural materials, and is biodegradable.
• It is incredibly easy to keep clean with nothing but a dry duster or mild cleaner and water.
• It is naturally warm to the touch and comfortable to stand on, unlike most stone or ceramic tile.
While a high quality linoleum is not cheap, it is certainly an affordable way to complete your bath remodel or home improvement project. You might also want to consider using linoleum in the mudroom, basement or even in the kitchen.
Don’t forget to follow my-home-improvement.com on Pinterest and Twitter or like us on Facebook for more home improvement tips and inspiration for both indoors and out.