If you’ve picked up a home decorating magazine lately or been browsing Pinterest or home improvement websites, you’ve no doubt noticed the abundance of geometric patterns that appear to be adorning walls, floors and every other home surface. Geometric designs are generally not for the faint of heart but they can certainly add drama and a certain funkiness to any room.
Ways to incorporate geometric design trends into your home:
• The most obvious: hang bold wallpaper with a geometric pattern.
• If you aren’t up for wallpaper, a talented painting contractor could add stripes or a herringbone pattern to an accent wall.
• Live in a house with old wood floors that need to be covered up somehow? Sand and paint the floor in a bright color and then use a large stencil to paint a pattern onto the floor.
• Modern floor tile is available in a myriad of colors and designs and can be installed in ways that will blow your mind. For inspirations, take a look at the photos of patterned tile floors on Carla Aston’s website.
• Not quite ready to paint your floors or install tile? A funky area rug with a bold geometric design will do the trick without the permanence.
• If you prefer a more traditional and timeless look or something a bit more understated, have your home remodeling contractor install parquet wood flooring in any number of designs.
Trends come and go but geometric designs are timeless. Let yourself be inspired and add pattern in new and unusual ways during your next home improvement.
Don’t forget to follow my-home-improvement.com on Pinterest and Twitter or like us on Facebook for more home improvement tips and inspiration.