The Pantone Color Institute has picked the top colors for Spring and Summer 2013. If you’ve been out shopping for clothing, home accessories or paint lately, you’ve probably noticed that the season’s hot colors are cheerful lemon zest yellow, cool lime, nectarine orange, violet, dusk blue, grayed jade, emerald green, linen and poppy red.
Since these colors are trendy, you might not want to paint the entire house in them or invest in recovering your sectional entirely in nectarine, but there are many ways to incorporate the year’s color trends into your home or yard.
On the deck or porch:
• Use bright planters or flowering plants with bright blooms.
• Spray paint your metal bistro chairs and table.
• Recover the cushion on your porch swing.
• Add a weather resistant rug to your outdoor lounge.
• Use brightly colored tableware, like the Rope Outdoor Dinnerware collection from Pottery barn.
In the bathroom:
• In a small bathroom, you might want to consider bathroom remodeling that follows a yearly or seasonal trend since a small space means a smaller investment and you can easily change it up when you get tired of the colors. (I’m not talking about a major bathroom renovation where you put in an emerald bathtub and toilet, just some simple remodeling. But, doesn’t the emerald tile in the photo look amazing?)
• Paint or use temporary wallpaper on one wall for a bold accent.
• Shower curtains, bath mats and towels in this seasons color palette can take your bathroom from dull to sunny in no time.
In the great room and kitchen:
• Change up your cushions and throws for lightweight seasonal prints.
• Create some fresh and cheerful art for the walls; there are loads of great DIY tutorials to help you create wall art.
• A trip to the local craft store will undoubtedly turn up storage baskets in trendy hues.
• Tablecloths, place mats, and tea towels can all be found in this season’s colors at reasonable prices.
Color is meant to be a manner of self-expression. Select the colors that speak to you and use them throughout your home improvements in ways that bring you joy.
If you enjoyed reading this or other blogs on our site or are looking for more inspiration, don’t forget to follow my-home-improvement.com on Pinterest or like us on Facebook.