People today are dedicating more and more square footage to their master bathrooms and these rooms are taking on a wide variety of styles from home spa to contemporary and artistic and from romantic to outright sexy. But what are people doing to make their bathroom sexy and what can you do to take the heat up a notch or two in your own master suite?
• First, start with a large shower with room enough for two, preferably with seats.
• When it comes to showerheads, there are endless models to choose from. You could choose to have two (his and hers) with one on either side of the shower or install a multi-head shower system or rain showerhead, a treat for the senses.
• Steam showers are relaxing and soothing and are certainly an indulgence that is worth the splurge.
• Custom showers with frameless glass shower doors add an extra dimension to the bathroom.
• A soaker or Jacuzzi tub big enough for two is the perfect spot to unwind after a long day.
• Niches or small shelves next to the tub are important for setting candles and wine glasses.
• Elevating your shower or bathtub in the room gives it more importance.
• Choose dark and moody tones with small touches of color.
• Your lighting should be layered so different areas of the bathroom can be lit separately and with different types of fixtures.
• Putting your lights on dimmer switches allows you to control the ambiance easily.
• Add a little sparkle or shimmer to the space for a touch of elegance. It might be crystals in the light pendants or the gleam of opalescent shower tile or even a beveled mirror or jewel toned art print.
• Add features such as waterproof speakers so you can listen to your favorite music.
• Accessories like beautifully scented soaps and candles and luxurious towels and robes finish off the room.
What is important to remember is that this type of home improvement is very personal and everyone’s idea of sexy or romantic is different. While preferences and opinions may vary, your goal when designing a sexy bathroom is to appeal to the senses: sight, sound, touch and smell. The more you can please the senses, the more successful you will be at creating your own romantic getaway in your master suite, where it is easy to rekindle the flame and take a break from every day life. Generally speaking, bathroom remodeling is not something you do often so choose wisely and keep things tasteful and luxurious.
Inspiration: HGTV Bathrooms