Digital technology has become such a part of everyday life. The designers at Moen have taken it to a new level by using this technology in the shower and bath. If you want the ultimate in bathing luxury, you’ll want to check out ioDIGITAL by Moen. ioDIGITAL helps you create a truly personalized shower or bath at the touch of a button.
The ioDIGITAL system, which includes a controller that mounts on the wall of your shower, is available for vertical spas, showers and Roman tubs. If you want to invest in the ioDIGITAL, but feel your current tub or shower is a bit shabby, why not consider a shower or tub refinishing project? It will have your shower looking like new and ready to install an ioDIGITAL at a fraction of the cost of replacing the tub.
Let’s consider some of the features of ioDIGITAL.
- Once you have found your favorite combination of temperature and water delivery, you can forever capture that using one of the four available preset buttons on the ioDIGITAL controller.
- A dial on the controller lets you adjust your preset water temperature. Every mark on the dial represents a 3-degree temperature difference. The temperature LEDs on the controller will flash until you reach your desired temperature. You can change your temperature as little or as often as you like.
- The controller also allows you to turn a dial to adjust the water flow. Again, the flow LEDs will flash until the desired flow is reached. You can also change your flow as often or as little as you wish.
- The controller has a convenient pause button, which briefly stops the water while you shampoo or shave and then returns to your selected settings.
- ioDIGITAL locks in your settings on the controller, meaning that if the water is turned on in another part of your home, you won’t have any fluctuations in the temperature or flow in the shower or bath.
- A feature on the ioDIGITAL for the Roman tub has an automatic top-off button. If the water begins to cool off your bath, simply push the top-off button and warm water will be added to the tub.
- An optional remote control is also available, which allows you to start your tub or shower while you’re in another part of the house. For safety purposes, child -lock technology is included.
- The system is available in brushed nickel, chrome or oil-rubbed bronze finish.
This is not a cheap home improvement project. Prices start at about $350 for just the controller on up to the $1,300 range for a vertical spa set. However, if you love a luxury shower or bath, you can’t go wrong with the ioDIGITAL. Install one after your bathtub refinishing project is complete to create your own ultimate home spa.